Saturday, June 1, 2013

We got Mouse back...

Can't say I'm sorry to get him back. I had regrets letting him go. He's such a nice horse, with a temperament you just don't find every day. Mouse is as easy going as they come. Nothing bothers him. The unfortunate thing about him is, he has a early stage of navicular. The right front more so than the left. We are going to take him and have lateral views done on Thursday morning, to see his progress. I had been hesitant getting him x-rays before, but now I'm on a mission to do what it takes to save this horse. We have had many discussions with the farrier and our Equine vet and they both seem to think it's just a matter of time before we get him rolling along. Though without x-rays, they won't know how to set him up to succeed. He was shod 3 weeks ago today, and since he's been gone for 2 weeks, I can already see a great improvement from the previous visit, which means, I now have the hope I need to qualify this horse for future greatness. He's the perfect child mount. Someones child will be lucky to have him in the future. Here's to you, Mouse! My happy go lucky equine friend.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment