Sunday, July 17, 2011

Ok, so I'm not really complainin'...

I've been trying send pictures to my blog via iphone and they won't go through. Just one more thing I have to actually read the directions for! lol

  Now to continue this from my desktop, what I was going to start earlier. It's blistering hot outside today. And going to get hotter. 93 degrees and climbing just short of half past noon. A dusty haze in the air, no breeze blowing what so ever and no relief insight. Taking a look at the garden, the pond, grasses that were once green, trees that seem to be stifled by the drought, the horses lumbering around slowly, reminds me how lucky we are to have airconditioning.

Purslane seems to be the only thing that likes this hot Texas heat.

Garden Pond

Even the Pond Lillies are hiding from the sun.

Pickeral Rush. I love these Bog plants.

Scorched Tomatoes

Handsome lumbering around looking for the only bit of green grass available.

Jerzey coming in from the dry lot.



Grove of Oak trees north east of the house.

Ha! Cactus growing near the border fence of the back pasture.

Old tractor...

Equine transportation...

Happy knows how to stay cool.

Isn't he cute!? And yup...the one who followed us home. He knew what good folks were when he saw'em..

And Ron wondering why I'm out on the place taking pictures of the heat wave.

No comments:

Post a Comment